Friday 21 May 2010

Empty, Spent, Beat & Blank

If this is the last time we speak I'd like there to be tears
If this is the last time we kiss I'd like there to be smears
If this is the last time we drink coffee I'd like to have four sugars
If this is the last time we share a needle I'd like it to be blunt
If this is the last time we pass out on some stranger's floor I'd like there to be cheers

If this is the last time I see you I won't blink
If this is the last time we argue I won't think
If this is the last time we read together I won't talk
If this is the last time we walk together I won't wear shoes that pinch
If this is the last time we play chicken I won't sink

If this is the last time I should turn
If this is the last time I should learn
If this is the last time I should cry
If this is the last time I should die
If this is the last time I should burn.

No comments:

Post a Comment