Tuesday 1 May 2012

Last Man Out of Eden - CD & pamphlet

So I've finally got some new work to show for myself. Last Man Out of Eden is a CD and pamphlet of performance pieces out on June 12th (which, coincidentally, is the date of the Hammer and Tongue final). It's a  collection of poems about hope in the face of disappointment, with a lyrical confessional style that takes in equal amounts from Ferlinghetti, Tracey Emin, and Patti Smith’s Just Kids. These poems celebrate the healing powers of time, non-violence, and remembrance but above all carry a simple message:
Celebrate the lives of those you love because one day they won’t be with you any longer and you’ll be left writing poetry about how you wish you’d loved them more.
 And here's the bit where I really need your help. I'll be recording the poems for the CD live and I need an audience. It will be at 7.30 on Friday June 8th at (of course) The Albion Beatnik Bookstore. If you think you can sit and whoop up some raucous applause through a set of 9 poems (it'll take 30-35 minutes) whilst being plied with wine, please come along!

6 comments:

  1. Best of luck with the poetry book (and public readings!) Oxford's a little far to go from Dublin, but I'll support you from here!

    How are you publishing/distributing it when it's released? :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Paul - thanks! I'll send out a few review copies and leave one at the Poetry Library but first and foremost I'll be selling direct at gigs - I'm very lucky to be close to a lot of great poetry nights so I'll be able to do about one a week over the summer - and we have very large show planned for the autumn.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Can't promise to be with you, Dan. If I'm not there I'll cheer very loudly from a distance - good luck with this!

    ReplyDelete
  4. thank you! Been exhilarating and exhausting following your exploits

    ReplyDelete
  5. After manage the whole amount here they are discussing the matters with their similar partners.As they have that ability to proceed any matter cause of anyone so they made it perfectly here.


    Voice Recorder

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your blog is great...you are doing a great job. Thank you so much.

    ReplyDelete